If you have tried anything on this site please leave a comment and let me know.

The more I hear from you the better! I love hearing how these activities are working in your home/daycare or nursery!
I get lots of emails about what you are doing, just leave a comment so everyone can read it too!


Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Swirl Cookies

Here is a fun cookie recipe that is perfect for kids and takes some time.
Its a basic sugar cookie Recipe...
  • 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 cup butter, cubed (I let the kids do it)
  • 1 1/2 cups white sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Split the dough into two balls, chill for 30 minutes then add 1/4 cup of cocoa to one of the balls. Roll them out into even rectangles...
Lay them on top of each other and roll them up like a cinnamon roll. We added mini chocolate chips then sliced them up into 1/4 inch circles...
Bake at 350 till done, and eat!
They weren't as perfectly round as I would have liked, but they were fun to make and super tasty!

2 comments:

  1. Is your recipe missing oil or something? I'm making the cookies right now and the batter isn't even a batter, really, more of a crumb topping... not in the least bit doughy. Am I missing something? Is it supposed to be like that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My bad! Ha ha! So, I've never made sugar cookies before... and yes, I made sure the ingredients were correctly measured and everything. My friend told me to add a tablespoon of milk and that did the trick. Were you supposed to melt or soften the butter first? Anyway... they turned out great and oh-so-yummy! Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete

this content is copyrighted NO RIGHT CLICK!

..

Protected by CopyrightSpot MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected