If you have tried anything on this site please leave a comment and let me know.

The more I hear from you the better! I love hearing how these activities are working in your home/daycare or nursery!
I get lots of emails about what you are doing, just leave a comment so everyone can read it too!


Thursday, August 20, 2009

Thumbprint People

When I was a young lass I was obsessed with Encyclopedia Brown, Nancy Drew, The Hardy Boys and The Boxcar Children. I was also obsessed with the Babysitters Club but that is for another day and another blog. :)

I used to think how weird it was that a single thumbprint could crack a case and how all of our thumbprints are different. I still think it is cool. Whatever you do too. I found this book in a box of junk my parents shipped to me when they redid my room, yes they are that cruel that they waited until my 3rd year of marriage and almost 8 years of not even living there to box my crap up and send it to me! Any who...I found this book and for my sake I covered my UGLY signature with that white piece of paper because I had the worst handwriting when I was 9. Gross. I should also mention that my crush at that time...Joey Fry is written all over that book so I wanted to save myself a little embarrassment by not photographing it for the blog.

Here is the book...

Ed Emberley you are my hero. I thought since the milk cap stamps were a hit...this would be too. (it was)

First we practiced stamping.

Then we went crazy with the stamping.

Then we searched through the book to see what we could make with our crazy thumb/finger prints.

Then I went to town with my sharpie!

The possibilities were endless. I even made one.

Try it. You will like it! We are TOTALLY doing this one again.
DONT FORGET THE GIVEAWAY TOMORROW!!!

2 comments:

  1. I'm new to your site, and I'm in love already! This looks really cute. I think we'll try this tomorrow during our "Twin Time". Friday is art day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My kids would love this book. We did an art project using our fingerprints last year in preschool. The kids loved it and so did I. This is an activity that would keep the kids interested for a long time. Love it.

    ReplyDelete

this content is copyrighted NO RIGHT CLICK!

..

Protected by CopyrightSpot MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected