If you have tried anything on this site please leave a comment and let me know.

The more I hear from you the better! I love hearing how these activities are working in your home/daycare or nursery!
I get lots of emails about what you are doing, just leave a comment so everyone can read it too!


Monday, July 27, 2009

Milk Jug Catch

Milk Jug Catch is a great game to play indoors or outdoors. It's especially fun for kids because they make the scoops themselves! Here is what you need...

Two milk jugs, paint, brushes, craft knife (not pictured for obvious reasons), soft foam or plastic ball (also not pictured.)

First Decorate the jugs, we did paint but permanent markers would be great too! Let them dry (10 minutes)

With an adult's help, cut the bottom off two clean plastic milk jugs as shown to make a scoop. (For an easy game, use gallon jugs. To make the game more challenging, use quart jugs.) You don't need the caps because the ball is bigger than the hole, but save the caps because we will use them next week!

To play the game, first pick a partner and each take a scoop. Toss a ball to your partner, who will catch it in the scoop. Then your partner throws the ball back to you to catch in your scoop. Since I have 2 kids who are independent, I let them throw the ball with the scoop, and catch it with the scoop. You could also just toss it to them and have them catch it.

Use a soft foam ball to play the game inside and a plastic ball to play outside.

This is such a fun game I hope you all try it!

1 comment:

  1. What I fun game! I know Robert would love it. I will have to go get the milk jugs out of the recycling bins.

    ReplyDelete

this content is copyrighted NO RIGHT CLICK!

..

Protected by CopyrightSpot MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected