If you have tried anything on this site please leave a comment and let me know.

The more I hear from you the better! I love hearing how these activities are working in your home/daycare or nursery!
I get lots of emails about what you are doing, just leave a comment so everyone can read it too!


Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Paper Plate Sunflowers

Today we talked about Sunflowers. Partly because they are yellow and partly because they are so interesting. First we drove to the field where they grow by the Reunion Building, and then pulled them and took them home to discuss.
We observed that they were yellow with black in the middle and that the stems were spiky. Then we smelled them.
After that we really pulled them apart to figure out how to make them.
I explained that the black part of the flower made seeds for new sunflowers to grow, and we can eat them too. Here we are trying them.
After that I showed them that the shell is not the part we eat, it is the seed inside. Now it was time to paint.
I have received a lot of questions about how I dry painted things so here is how we do it...
My door is magnetic so I hang them out to dry and it is so fast and GREEN! :P
Once they are dry you cut out the flower shape.
Then glue the seeds and leaves on.
Ta-Da!

1 comment:

  1. I my goodness, I just want to smooch and smooch that babin's cheekies! Love them!

    ReplyDelete

this content is copyrighted NO RIGHT CLICK!

..

Protected by CopyrightSpot MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected