If you have tried anything on this site please leave a comment and let me know.

The more I hear from you the better! I love hearing how these activities are working in your home/daycare or nursery!
I get lots of emails about what you are doing, just leave a comment so everyone can read it too!


Monday, June 23, 2014

SBBK - Writing 1

Summer Boredom Buster Kids - Writing!

I have to confess that I have my kids writing every single day. (including the weekend)
I want their handwriting/penmanship to be stellar, so I push it every single day.
Reading is the same way. They must read 20-30 minutes a day.
Okay, rant over.


Something I am using for my kids is Handwriting Without Tears.
They do this workbook probably 3x a week.



 Different levels, different activities, all quiet. They have to do 4 pages (of their choice) during quiet time/naptime.

My 3 year old and 2 year old enjoy coloring on the walls.
Literally!


We have a chalkboard and whiteboard system on our walls down stairs.
The reward for taking a nap without a fight (somedays) is writing.

My kids nap until they turn 5.
It is what works for them AND me.

I love seeing improvements in my children's handwriting over the summer.
I know everything is going to technology and cursive is a thing of the past, but not for my kiddos.
My son started cursive in May and is really enjoying it. I think I am the only person who still uses cursive, who is under the age of 35. Haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment

this content is copyrighted NO RIGHT CLICK!

..

Protected by CopyrightSpot MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected