If you have tried anything on this site please leave a comment and let me know.

The more I hear from you the better! I love hearing how these activities are working in your home/daycare or nursery!
I get lots of emails about what you are doing, just leave a comment so everyone can read it too!


Friday, June 6, 2014

SBBK - Math 4


Summer Boredom Buster Kids - Math!
M&M Math (school agers)

I gave the older 3 a cup of M&Ms.
I drew a graph and had them sort the candy by color.

 Then they wrote their findings. 1st grader:

Kinder: (she needed some assistance in what I was looking for)



Then we added them up.

My 3rd grader also did this and then I had him do some more complex problems orally.
For example. All of the red totals minus the blue totals for all 3 kids.
Or, All of the yellow totals multiplied by 4.
You get the idea.
We did this sort of quizzing for 20 minutes.

Once we were done with all of the math I had him explain one problem to the girls.
The sum of the brown candies multiplied by 2 would be ... and why.

They enjoyed him teaching it to them, and he liked that he knew more than them.
Haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment

this content is copyrighted NO RIGHT CLICK!

..

Protected by CopyrightSpot MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected